Pursuing the poetical, paradoxical, metaphorical, lyrical, artistical, majestical, and mystical.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Enough

The final scenes 
in "Chocolat" roll through
frame by frame
enticing me with
desire for the same happy
ending, but we are different 
names in a different script.

My story doesn't 
play out the same, or
end with a chance
to offer a glass of
soda to the man 
who needed to 
destroy.

This story doesn't end 
with a soft look 
across a dish of ice cream ~
unspoken, but
grateful ackowledgement
of grace received and
mercy given. 

But He asks me, "Am I enough?" 
 "Yes. You are. Enough. 
Always enough," I spirit groan, 
conceding.

If He isn't enough, any scene 
I could imagine to assuage this
grief wouldn't be enough,
either. 




6 comments:

S. Etole said...

The truth of that last verse ... so powerful.

Kandi said...

Wow!Thank you for taking us to the Throne of Grace again and again! I love how you love Him!

Maureen said...

Yes, you are; He is.

nance marie said...

true

drw@bainbridge.net said...

I think you're inside my head today.

Thank you for this...

katdish said...

GAAA!!!

(And I mean that in a good way.)