Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ode to Twitter Bird

Two years ago my world expanded 
exponentially. Because of Twitter,
and you. Twitter seemed scary back
then-a different world speaking a 
new language. The learning curve 
at middle age gets fierce, but you
 all were patient. My eyes opened 
to new conversations and new ways
 of thinking. The cravings and
 tenderest desires of my heart found
 a path, easy to follow on my 
timeline page day after day. 
My curiosity was aroused, satisfied, 
and whetted again, only to be 
satiated once more. My favorite
 thing, the thing that has stimulated
 me more than anything else has 
been observing the 
 creative creative pursuits of
 people from all over the world. 
Being exposed to artist in all 
mediums, writers, and poets 
has lit my fire too. I'm compelled 
to try what others are brave 
enough to try. It gives me 
courage to face my own 
blank piece of white space. 
Following behind the @ were 
names of strangers who now have 
become friends. Someday, I wish 
we all could sit around a big table 
together. I could finally hug you, 
feed you, see your eyes sparkle 
or tears run. We aren't strangers 
any more. Thanks for not  following
 your mama's advice. I want you 
to know that your words, links,
 shares, mentions, RT's and @replies 
have held me up when life became 
to heavy to bear alone. This is my thanks.
 This is what community looks like from 
my point of view. 


5 comments:

Maureen said...

I could not have said it better. So happy to have you in my stream.

S. Etole said...

What a wonderful community of people await ... so glad to have found you here.

Valerie Kamikubo said...

This is really wonderful, Kathleen. So mamy of my "real life friends" don't understand the benefits that I receive via the internet, and while I need my daily dose of real life hugs and conversations to be sure, I also need my daily dose of creative inspiration and eye candy which is most readily available here. I have been so encouraged and inspired by my internet friends all over the world and it's been a great blessing. So let me just say thanks to you for your part in that.

Anonymous said...

back @ ya

Glynn said...

I tweet an ode
upon the screen
for thoughts to share
and soon be seen.