Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January Bleau

It seems like everyone
around me is feeling
winter's varied shades 
and hues of blue.

Navy blue pulls down
night. Steel leaves you
cold. Silver mist winter
kills. Aqua marine likes
to dunk and drown.

Saffires, ceruleans, indigos, 
Prussians, and cobalts
don't practice birth control
during the doldrums. The 
way they multiply and  
intermarry scares me. 

There is a blue neither 
bleak nor wearisome. 
The color of God's glory
is periwinkle. 

Drench me. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this. Yes, do drench me.

(the word drenched always reminds me of the scene in Anne of Avonlea where the old grouchy lady says "I said drrrrrenched and I meant drrrrrrrenched" with such a fierce roll to her r's. Smiles)

Valerie Kamikubo said...

I just might be a tad cerulean at the moment, longing for a periwinkle drench though. :-)

Kathleen Overby said...

Me too, girls. Me too. :)

Anonymous said...

Very good, enjoyed it. colorful expressive words. Good night Mom

Louise Gallagher said...

Love that word -- drench -- I'm thinking, here we are ice blue.

Pam's Palate and Potpourri said...

Ah.....winter.....this girl is all of these shades of blue in winter and then some.

Sherlene said...

When will your book be published?

Megan Willome said...

Came over from Glynn's. Love that third stanza, with the lack of birth control and much intermarrying of blues. Great!