Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunday night at the Movies. Deaux

One: Please see this movie. Foreign. French. Amazing on all fronts. For me it was a defining moment. I sincerely wish all men in the world knew the power their influence could have for good in someone's life.

Kevin Kline plays Dr. Kroeger. Nuanced. Graceful. Gentle. Coaching. Teaching. I want one, too.

(Dr. Kroeger, thank you for being unafraid to love appropriately. Thank you for being secure enough that you didn't take but gave. Thank you for not taking advantage where there was vulnerability and guilelessness. Thank you for showing her who she was. Oh my. I love you.)

Two: Read this brilliant review at Filmwell by Jeffrey Overstreet and then go to that movie. :) Just do it. We'll be there tonight. :)

6 comments:

Louise Gallagher said...

POooey! neither Queen to Play or Blue Like Jazz are playing in Calgary yet. I'll watch for them!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the headsup... LOve to you

Anonymous said...

put queen to play on hold at library.

Anonymous said...

Huh. Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out!

SimplyDarlene said...

I'm not an out to the movies gal, but maybe on DVD? You bring the movie, I've got the popcorn (and kefir).

Blessings.

Diane Walker said...

We watched Queen to Play on Netflix a few months back, and I agree; wonderful movie. But then, I always love Kevin Kline...