Friday, September 18, 2015

Questions on the Threshold

I will not teeter on the edge.
I decide to back up and bound
down
this open
path.
Plug nose.
Close eyes. Bounce
off the springboard -
l-l-l-l-
         a
          u
           n
            c
             h




                                                into the d
                                                             e
                                                             e
                                                             p


unknown -
over the cliff
of uncertainty where the next
step isn't shown till the previous
one is taken. Pray for
updrafts to catch my fall and a soft
landing. Bruises yes, but please,
no scabs or broken bones. I want
to go. I said yes. Will it maim me? Or will I be
crippled for life if I don't
go?