Friday, April 3, 2009

Wee Pansies

The sunshine spilled all over my day today!   Brita and I leave for San Diego next Tuesday and it seemed like there were a few errands and loose ends to nail down before we go.  In between them though, I managed to go to the river this afternoon and this morning to Lowe's to pick up some smiling, yellow pansies with dark red centers.  Even though it is too early to plant much, it seemed like something fresh and colorful in the pots on the porch would be inviting. 

 As I was checking out with my six perky packs of smiling, yellow pansies, the clerk animatedly told me about her 'wii garden'.  She had mixed colors and was 'growing' flowers that might mutate into different colors.  She was as excited and enthused as a seedsman or plantsman who has discovered a new variety of rare heirloom quality seed or plant and had successfully propogated it!  FOR REALS! 

What I'm feeling can't usually be hidden on my face or in my eyes, no matter how hard I try. My jaw dropped, the false teeth that I don't wear fell out completely, my eyes started leaking and I needed to cover my mouth to keep in the astonished gasp that was erupting.

When control and composure returned, I casually reminded her to take some of the real ones home too, once in a while.  She looked vacant. 

She would play with her virtual wii pansies, while I reveled in planting my wee pansies as soon as I got home, in dirt, with fertilizer.  As I watered them, they smiled....so did I.  


No comments: