Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter

The tulips opened
ruffled edges with
vigorous color held
by sturdy stems -
framing a day that
that craved
salt water byways
and beaches to replenish
the copious
salt water depletion
I'm experiencing.

Easter ended with a Wurlitzer
bringing it home through
throaty pipes and pounding
pedals. Like skipping rocks,
He Lives chorused
across the red velvet
seats and landed in my
lap.










  
















We saw The Imitation Game at the historic Lincoln Theater Easter evening after a meandering drive North along the shoreline of Puget Sound. I dared not cry during the movie or afterward for fear I couldn't stop. 

Glen DesJardins is a volunteer organist who graciously gave me permission to try to take photographs in a dark theater.  His music brought me home to myself and the wonder of being beloved.