Pursuing the poetical, paradoxical, metaphorical, lyrical, artistical, majestical, and mystical.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Waves Don't Wave

they rush together
like playmates 
who haven't seen each 
other for weeks. 
Hurling themselves high
in the air they make contact in a 
towering chest bump dissolving
in side splitting laughter,
after. 


Brita and I are in Kauai for our yearly mother/daughter get away. The ocean is immediately outside our window. I won't tire any time soon from watching the antics of the waves. Especially the cross current ones. They know how to play. 

P.S. I found great coffee. Finally. I sighed as I took my first sip. Velvet foam mustache happy. 

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Perfect capture.

Have fun, and enjoy that Kauai coffee!

S. Etole said...

Sounds like great fun...as was the mail I recently received. So timely and so appreciated.

Gail Helgeson said...

Hawaii sounds lovely. Especially where I live. The tundra. Frigid, freezing, boots, hats, mittens, sniffles, snuggling under blankets, fireplace, and a book. There are bright sides to living with this white stuff. Still, Hawaii. Aaaaaah...have so much fun breathing in that plumeria air.