Pursuing the poetical, paradoxical, metaphorical, lyrical, artistical, majestical, and mystical.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Making Fleur de Sel

You labor hard to love me full
as sweat flies off your forehead
mixing with my tears. A salty 
spilling, we fall overboard, to
deep and dark communion places,
flower of the sea reunion spaces.

I dry these lacy crystals,
collect them in a bottle
to shake and  season savory
over all the days ahead.


Loverby is coming home tonight. Lucky, lucky me. I love my farm boy .... and homecomings. 

5 comments:

Sherlene said...

No cow had to kick the lantern over in your town tonight! ;)

SimplyDarlene said...

land sakes, the girls better sleep in the basement tonight.

blushing heartily here

Maureen said...

I think it's wonderful you have written a lusty poem, that you have a beloved who evokes such high and deep emotion from you.

Kathleen Overby said...

I'm trying to learn to edit, before I click publish. Forgive me while I learn. :)

Louise Gallagher said...

How delightful. Your poem and the fact he's coming home!