Monday, June 18, 2012

Understanding Beloved

The reason she quickened in her very viscera when
she first saw our book's title is because as a child
she remembers watching us break bread together
that last time. She saw me pass it to you saying,
"Take and eat, go make poetry in remembrance
of me."

You did, so will she.








I was perusing books upstairs at Warren's Eighth Day Books during Glenworkshop East. I came across a title that made me stop. My stomach jumped. I picked it up and recognized my poetry teacher's name. I didn't know who he was, nor had I read anything by him. Yet. (I registered at the last minute.) 


All week I pondered why it hit me so hard. It was strange enough I had to imagine an answer to understand. I really do believe it was Co-Authored. Along with the others. 


This is the title ~ Concerning the Book that is the Body of the Beloved Which is the World



No comments: