Friday, October 9, 2009

Defiance

There is absolutely nothing in my spirit today that wants to smile, whistle, sing, play or rejoice.

But, instead of going with it.....I'm going to defiantly go outside and plant daffodils, crocuses and tulips in my borders to thumb my own nose at my own feelings. There! Take that! My feelings won't define me or box me in or dictate how my day goes! I'm rebelling against being a self-imprisoned hostage today!

Planting bulbs is a faith thing. There won't be any results till next spring. It will seem like nothing is happening for many long months.

Each year, my neighbor's yard is brilliantly stuffed and overflowing with daffodils and tulips, always making me wish that I had had the foresight and faith to plant those patches of early spring color too.

Did you know that with legume seeds and bulbs, the complete plant in miniature lives inside waiting for the proper growing conditions?


No comments: