Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Supper

Our oldest daughter is having a semi-formal, 4 course, sit down Christmas Supper for 16 of her friends tomorrow night. She is excited, terrified they won't come, scared she'll flounder in pulling it off, while dreaming of it being an epic night for all of them.

I told her this is normal.

When it's all said and done, they will have fun being together and playing dress up for each other.

I'm proud of her for taking the risk, for offering, for planning such a layered event. I hope when she has her own home, she will keep inviting.

She asked me to waitress for her. It will be an honor, and give me an excuse to peep. It will be beautiful because 'when love is in the house, the house is packed'.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!
that's pretty cool.

L.L. Barkat said...

What a sweet, sweet evening idea. I'm thinking you are serving dessert as I type. :)

Anonymous said...

I think T Rose went to bed a tired but happy Lady! It couldn't have been to bad, the last of them left at 11:45 PM! :)

C/B

Kathleen Overby said...

Nancy, L.L. Craig - it was gorgeous. Such beautiful young people, old friends and new...... Nick played 'the general' from Babette's Feast perfectly.

emily said...

okay...okay...i need more details! what was served?!!?!? write another entry describing the menu, etc...pleeeeeease!?!?! ; )