Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Unlikely Ballerina

This is my favorite Christmas ornament. She makes me smile.






She dances anyways.

She dances in spite of herself.

She dances because she must.

She dances because she was born to dance.

She dances for an audience of one.

She dances to the music inside.

She dances to stay alive.

She dances in the dark.

She dances with tears.

She dances with angel's laughing.

She dances when it hurts.

She dances for joy.

She dances no matter what.

She dances to become real.

She dances alone.

She dances without applause.

She dances above ground.

She dances to feel.




5 comments:

Russell Holloway said...

Ooohhh I love that ornament, too. :-)

Craig said...

And you my Love, Your dances are Real "Could I have this dance for the rest of my life
Would you be my partner every night
When we're together it feels so right
Could I have this dance for the rest of my life"

Anonymous said...

forgot to mention how adorable that happy little ballerina is, she does remind me of you. such joyous abandon.
Mom

Anonymous said...

P.S. Still have that picture of Craig in his Tu Tu.
hillarious

Kathleen Overby said...

Mom, you could blackmail Craig with that picture! Russell, your blog is so real and encouraging, of course someone like you would like her. Craig, you are always first on my dance card. Always.