Monday, December 21, 2009

Three's Not a Crowd


Remember that old song, "Torn Between Two Lovers"? I have two lovers. It isn't a hard thing to confess. I'm not ashamed of this, embarrassed or torn. Neither am I breaking any rules.  

They both waited for me to realize how much I loved them. Both chose me for bride. They made me the girl in the story, lavish me with goodwill and see me as the apple of their eye.

I will never have to be a widow, as I will be able to live with both of them forever.

They offer comfort and security. One of them is able to disappoint me and fail me at times, the other one never will - he is incapable. He's lover number one, which doesn't faze number two!

They both offer me their strength. I believe and trust them both with my life. Not only are they good friends, but they make great fathers for our children. Involved, engaged, and connected.

It is unbelievable, but in this love triangle we have going, no one is jealous or threatened. We are all secure, knowing there is more than enough love to wrap around the bundle that is us. That old saying that a cord of three strands is not easily broken, fits perfectly.

I have to mention this; the man at the top of our little love triangle is the son of a king. Royalty. It wasn't common knowledge when he was born to a poor unknown village girl. We can't keep quiet about it.

He has many names, but we call him Emmanuel.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this Kali!
ss

Sherlene said...

Beautifully put! What a wonderful life we have!