Thursday, March 19, 2009

Collecting Mysteries

Today, a favorite book found it's way back home to me, to it's place on the bookshelf with the author's other books.  It was a bit unexpected, as I never thought to see it again, knowing someday I'd come across another one and buy it.  Although it was good to have it in my hands again, I am not the person I was when I enthusiastically chronicled, underlined and journaled in the margins 3-4 years ago.  I believed what was written and felt so encouraged and sort of inspired by it's lofty, cheerleader ra-ra message.  Couldn't wait to share/loan the book out, so others could enjoy it. Yippee Tigger!  

As I reread those colorful underlinings and comments about some 'ah-ha', 'wow' or 'bouncy' moment I must have had reading it back then, today, I wanted to throw the book at the wall!  Go punch the author in the nose.  Naive, gullible, silly me.  

Think I'll start reading and collecting only Agatha Christy..................they resolve themselves at the end. 


2 comments:

Kandi said...

ha, ha, Kathleen....so funny! I too have wanted to throw a book at the wall....I can think of 2 of them right now!

Kathleen Overby said...

What 2 girlfriend? :) I'm always glad to know I'm not alone...