Monday, June 29, 2009

Everything glorious?

There is a lamp post in our yard along the stone path to the garden room. It looks like a Narnia lamp. It felt like a Narnian sanctuary today in the garden - and I think perhaps I caught glimpses of Aslan. Or at least felt his breath lifting the hair on my forehead a bit now and then.

Us girls are desperate for some real ocean waves. Puget Sound is nice, the river gorgeous, the lakes around here pristine, but sometimes you just need a fix of pounding surf and nothing else will do. Craig and his kite, Maggie, Tess and I leave early in the morning for La Push - he loves to play with us! Just a day trip. Brita had plans and couldn't be so spontaneous. Maybe next time.

I am so thankful for the plain, simple extraordinarily ordinary of our life. Uncommonly common?

Can I just put it out there that I'm hoping to notice whales and porpoises and starfish and seals and sea lions and sand dollars and rainbows and everything glorious possible?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

T'wilt have to say, T'was a glorious day my Love!
Thank You!!!!!

Mr Loverby