Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Thirsty


Heart rocks are amazing.  I find them ALL the time.  This morning however, was the most extraordinary heart rock experience to date......

Why am I still surprised, still awestruck, still amazed and still undone?  

                  Because it's new each time.

The capacity to know such wonder and  joy is a gift and the one thing intact from childhood.

Maggie and I were puddling about playing on the 'laughing rock' at the river this morning.  We would go up and sit in the sand to dry off and do it all over again.  Over and over again.  For hours!  

I had been keeping my eye out for a heart rock or two, but never saw one, till the very last wading spree.  Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed the sunken relief of a big heart shape carved into a huge rock.  It was in the shadow and under the gurgling water about 12 inches or so.  It was about 2 1/2 feet long and 2 feet wide.  The perfect edge of the heart shaped indention was approximately 5 inches deep at it's deepest point.  I carefully brushed the silt away inside the outline to admire it more.....the effect was stunning, like finding an underwater treasure.  

It was pure gift.  Noticing it was a gift.  Recognizing it as a gift was a gift.   

This verse came to mind....Ps 36:8 ~  "I drink from your river of delights"  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Love, Thank You for taking me to your Heart Rock! It is unbelievable! To carve one that shape and size would take talennt and a whole lot of time. Thank You Lord!!!!! There is beauty everywhere! Lord, you just want us to slow down and enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr Loverby

Kathleen Overby said...

I'm so glad you wanted to go! Made me so glad to share it. :)